Devin Booker had 38 points, T.J. Warren poured in 24 after halftime (26 for the game), and the ageless Jamal Crawford dished a CAREER HIGH 14 assists off the bench, and the Suns won GOING AWAY over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
Crawford’s 14 assists: that’s the 2nd most assists by a player in their 19th season or later, trailing only Kobe Bryant (19).
Third quarter run
After the Knicks took a 76-71 lead halfway through the third quarter, the Suns finished the third quarter on a 29-7 run to take a 100-83 lead entering the fourth.
A 29-7 RUN!
They won the third quarter 41-17 overall.
The rest of the game was never in doubt and the Suns won their first runaway road game in a very, very long time.
- Deandre Ayton had 21 points and 13 rebounds in only 29 minutes, while backup Richaun Holmes had 13 points and 4 rebounds of his own.
- Josh Jackson had 14 points on 5-9 shooting off the bench, with 7 boards and 3 assists
- T.J. Warren not only had 26 huge points (four three-pointers), but he also racked up 5 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks
- Dragan Bender even got some mopup duty run... shades of Pat Burke!
- Knicks were missing a LOT of players, including Kristaps Porzingis (all year) as well as rookies Alonzo Trier and Mitchell Robinson
Three game win streak!
On Wednesday, the Suns play the Celtics in Boston.