Here we go!
Open thread for the start of free agency...
- What stupid contract will be given out first? Remember Timofey Mozgov was offered his huge deal at the stroke of midnight? A year after Portland Trail Blazers shocked the NBA with that huge offer to Al-Farouq Aminu.
- How many of the bigger deals will wait for LeBron James to decide?
- How long will it take for DeAndre Jordan to accept the Mavericks offer?
- Who will be the biggest surprise signing?
- Who tweets first? Woj or Shams?
On the Suns front:
- Don’t expect the Suns to make any offers to restricted free agents quite yet. RFAs almost never sign offers until a day or two into the free agency period, if not much later than that. Some have to wait weeks or months.
- Don’t expect any big trades tonight. That doesn’t happen on opening night.
- DO expect the Suns to offer Devin Booker his max extension. I have no inside information. None. I just don’t think the Suns will screw around and make him wait. The only RFA that ever really wanted to “play along” was Kawhi for the Spurs, and there’s talk that even he has built up resentment over that.
- Not sure what else the Suns might do, if they’re going to focus on the RFA or trade market.
Inquiring minds want to know!
Let’s do this!