On Tuesday, the Phoenix Suns announced they would be bolstering their already elite training staff. Four new names join head trainer Aaron Nelson’s team, and they bring with them significant experience. Here’s what you need to know.
Suns announce additions to the team's sports medicine staff.— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) August 28, 2018
Learn about the new guys! https://t.co/1HYG8LDkNV
Daniel Bove - Director of Performance
- Spent last 2 seasons with Hawks as team’s sports scientist / assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Was a graduate assistant and performance laboratory supervisor at the University of South Florida from 2014-16
Brady Howe - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Spent last season as an assistant athletic trainer with the Hawks
- Was the director of athletic performance for the Salt Lake Stars of the G League the season prior
Geoff Stanton - Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Last season was the senior associate athletic trainer for the University of South Florida men’s basketball team
- Has spent time as an athletic trainer for the University of North Carolina, High Point University, and the University of Kentucky
Devin Skinner - Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Most recently worked as a performance healthcare athletic trainer for Baylor Scott & White Health
- Shares first name with a future Hall of Famer
Nelson returns for his 26th season in Phoenix, his 19th as the Suns’ head athletic trainer. Tom Maystadt is back for his 10th year as assistant athletic trainer/rehabilitation coordinator, and Stanford Williams is in his second season as assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach.