In our annual season preview BLOWOUT podcast, Greg and Dave are joined by Paul Bisceglia from Fanning the Flames and by Evan Sidery and Brendon Kleen from Locked On Suns and Bright Side.
The Phoenix Suns split their preseason games. None of the starters averaged even 24 minutes per game. And now there’s a week until the real season starts.
Here’s the roundtable of topics we discuss
1) On which team will Karl-Anthony Towns, D’Angelo Russell and Devin Booker end up on together?
2) Who is the ‘core four’ where 2 are on the court at all times?
3) Can Booker and Ayton really be a 1 and 1A on a playoff caliber team? How will they have to evolve to get there?
4) Which preseason surprise will maintain it in regular season -- Frank Kaminsky, Jevon Carter, Cam Johnson and/or Ty Jerome?
5) Which important player’s bad preseason will carry over to regular season?
Rapid fire (quick answers):
- In what category will the Suns lead the league this season?
- In what category will the Suns be the WORST in the league?
- Ricky Rubio will lead the team in assists. Who will be the Suns second-leading assist man -- Booker, Jerome or Kaminsky?
- Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton will lead in scoring. Who will be the 3rd leading scorer -- Kelly Oubre Jr., Dario Saric, or Rubio?
- Ayton will lead in rebounds. Who will be second leading rebounder -- Saric, Aron Baynes or someone else?
And then the most important question of all....
How many wins do the Suns get this year?
Big thanks to Evan, Brendon and Paul for joining us!
Just like every time, we run an interactive show where we read your live comments and questions on the air and respond. If you want to participate, log on to our page on the YouTube on (generally) Wednesday evenings from 7:00-7:30 PM or on Saturday mornings from 7:00-8:00 AM on our Solar Panel Youtube channel. Big thanks to everyone who participated in the latest live cast!
Watch/Listen right here!
Or just listen, if that’s your bag
Want to give back to the Solar Panel for all the fun you’ve had listening to our rants?
Support the show for $1-$10 per month here: support
Dave has access to the team as a credentialed media member since 2012, while Greg brings his insights as a former Suns employee for half decade who still has his connections. Tim is a pro radio/podcast personality who grew up in Tucson and now lives in Florida. All three hosts are lifelong, unabashed Suns fans.
And leave us a review on the podcast feed and/or on Facebook. We read the good ones as well as the bad ones on the air!
Subscribe to the Suns Solar Panel Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Google Play & Stitcher
Also, subscribe to our Solar Panel YouTube channel to get 10-20-minute mid-week episodes too!