Last season, Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker captured his first three-point shooting championship at NBA All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles. It provided a bright spot for Suns fans in a season where there were far too few. Booker will be in Charlotte on Feb. 16 to defend his title.
But as of Thursday, Vegas thinks it will be a familiar face that takes home the hardware.
Golden State Warriors guard Steph Curry is the favorite for the late-winter classic. Curry won the 2015 event in New York City. He’s followed by Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield. Booker sits third. Here’s the full list:
- Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry: +275
- Sacramento Kings guard Buddy Hield: +325
- Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker: +450
- Portland Trail Blazers guard Seth Curry: +550
- Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Harris: +600
- Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard: +750
- Toronto Raptors guard Danny Green: +800
- Milwaukee Bucks wing Khris Middleton: +1000
- Charlotte Hornets guard Kemba Walker: +1000
- Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki: +1500
If it helps you invest your money wisely, Seth Curry has the highest three-point shooting percentage this season among participants at 48.5%. He also boasts the top career percentage at 44.5%.
If Booker pulls off consecutive titles, he’ll be the first back-to-back winner since Jason Kapono in 2007 and 2008. He’d join Kapono, Larry Bird, Craig Hodges, Mark Price, Jeff Hornacek, and Peja Stojakovic as the only shooter with multiple championships.
The 2019 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest will be the second event on All-Star Saturday Night. The contest is slated to begin at 8 p.m. ET and will be the only time you can see Booker participate in the festivities all weekend.