The Suns had a 19-5 lead to start the game hot, and still led 32-19 after the first quarter and 53-47 at halftime. But the Kings just applied too much pressure and the Suns crumbled under the weight of three rookies in their starting lineup and a really shallow bench unit. Beyond Richaun Holmes and Troy Daniels, the Suns got only four points from the combination of Ray Spalding, Elie Okobo and Jimmer Fredette.
The difference in the game was the Kings making 17-of-38 threes, while the Suns could only muster 9-of-34.
This is the second game in a row the Suns have surrendered 17 threes to their opponent — the most they’ve given up all season except for one game versus Denver (18). The combined 34 threes in consecutive games is a season high against them.
Leaders for the Suns:
- Devin Booker, 32 points, 10 assists, but only 2-for-11 on threes
- Deandre Ayton, 19 points, 11 rebounds, one steal and block
- Mikal Bridges, 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals
- Troy Daniels, 16 points, including 4-of-10 threes
- Four major rotation players were missing/injured
Leaders for the Kings:
- Buddy Hield, 25 points, including 7-of-14 threes
- Harrison Barnes, 25 points, including 5-of-8 threes
- Nemanja Bjelica, 13 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists
- Marvin Bagley III, 16 points, 11 rebounds